GREDO believes and works in the provision of clean drinking water which is a basic “human rights” and the most elements in life. GREDO WASH program entails; construction / rehabilitation of strategic water sources, construction of sanitation amenities and effective promotion of hygiene promotion at HH and communal level, Capacity building for the local community stakeholder through training on Water, Environment and Sanitation (WES) committees. GREDO WASH target outcomes focus on:-
- Increased access to safe water and basic sanitation: Facilitate increased access to safe water and basic sanitation that results in the provision of universally accessible facilities
- Improved hygiene behaviour: Support the development of increased capacity to ensure hygiene promotion services bring about sustainable behaviour change
- Creating sustainable services: Support policies and strategies to keep services operating through effective governance and partnerships with multilateral agencies, civil society and business
GREDO WASH activities include
- To improve access to potable water for vulnerable communities through the development and rehabilitation of strategic water sources (Boreholes, Shallow wells, water catchments and construction of underground water tanks).
- Construction of latrines.
- Hand washing promotion
- Hygiene promotion and campaigns.
- AWD / Cholera preparedness and timely response.
- Distribution of soaps
- Environmental Sanitation campaigns